Please read all instructions prior to submitting an event.
James River Days is a seven-month (April-October) offering of activities on, along and about the James River. Thousands of brochures are distributed throughout the region. James River Days is a project sponsored by the James River Advisory Council, JRAC.
Event Submission Criteria:
- All events must be related to the James River and open to the general public.
- Each event submittal must include: event name, specific beginning and end dates and/or times, a brief description (35 words maximum), location, sponsor(s), any fees, age requirements and contact information for the public (including phone number and e-mail address).
- Each event must include contact information (name, phone, email) for the individual responsible for tracking/submitting attendance figures to JRAC.
- All events should be sponsored by a recognized organization(s).
- The James River Advisory Council reserves the right to review, edit and/or refuse any event submitted.
- Submissions must be received online by Friday, Dec. 13. Questions may be directed to the James River Days information coordinator (email@example.com).
Compile information to be submitted for event
- Name of event
- Day(s) of week
- Date(s) and time(s)
- Description of event (250 character maximum)
- Location of event
- Fee (if required)
- Age requirements
- Phone number for the public
- Web site or e-mail for the public
- Focus of activity: educational, environmental, historical, social, recreational
- Event submission must be made by online form by Friday, Dec. 13, 2019.
Submitted photos will be considered for the brochure. Photos must be labeled and have written permission for use.
Thursday, Sept. 17 • James River Story Time
This early literacy story time focuses on rivers, lakes and other bodies of water. Hear stories, sing songs and create a craft. (Map-7) Goochland Library. 3075 River Rd. West, 23063. 11:30 a.m.-noon. Ages 3-5. Free. Pamunkey Regional Library, 804-556-4774, www.pamunkeylibrary.org